- 7 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3-3/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- Place cauliflower and broccoli in a Dutch oven; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain; transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In small saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, mustard, salt, nutmeg, cayenne and pepper until smooth; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Stir in 1-1/4 cups each mozzarella and Swiss cheeses until melted. Pour over vegetables. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake 5 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli-Cauliflower Cheese Bake
Sort By :
Wasn't a huge fan, but my fiance liked it! Here's my review: http://heatskitchen.blogspot.com/2013/07/broccoli-cauliflower-cheese-bake.html
I made a recipe for 4. I doubled the spices, butter, flour, and mustard; used 1 cup milk and 1 1 /2 ounces of each cheese. The reviews said it was a little bland, well it was still a little bland but okay for a one time prep.
This was a nice change from our traditional cheesy veggies. But the kids didnt care for the cayenne. Will probably omit that next time!
Where did the beautiful casserole dish in the picture come from? The casserole was great. I added a little extra (Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle for our taste).
My family really enjoyed this dish - The ONLY thing I did different was use parm instead of swiss since we don't care for swiss - I've been asked to make it again for New Years Day.