Broccoli-Cauliflower Cashew Salad Recipe
I make this salad often in summertime. It is very refreshing, healthy and low in calories. If I want to make it into an entree, I add chicken or shrimp along with cooked pasta.
- 2/3 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 2/3 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped zucchini
- 1/3 cup canned garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons chopped cashews
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, celery seed, salt and pepper. Pour over broccoli mixture and toss to coat.
- 2. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until chilled. Just before serving, stir in cashews. Yield: 3 servings.
3/4 cup: 135 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 296mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Broccoli-Cauliflower Cashew Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC