- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, broken into small florets
- 1-1/2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup crushed seasoned stuffing
- Place 1 in. of water in a Dutch oven; add cauliflower and broccoli. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 7 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cheese, sour cream, chilies, 2 tablespoons butter, salt and pepper. Drain vegetables well; gently fold in cheese mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish. Toss stuffing and remaining butter; sprinkle over vegetables. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli Cauliflower Bake
"We really enjoyed this! Some changes I made: I cut the recipe in half for the 2 of us; I used Colby Jack since it was what I already had; I omitted the chilies because my stomach can't take spicy food; I used seasoned bread crumbs instead of stuffing. Still tasted wonderful! I'm not a fan of broccoli but I ate all of this. One note: in the future I will cut up and boil the veggies beforehand, to cut down prep time."
"If I could give this a 10, I would! I made a few wee changes for personal taste, however. I do not put in canned green chilies--never, ever liked their flavor. I do add 1 tsp. lemon pepper and for extra pizzazz, I add 1/4 tsp. cayenne. But these are just personal additions--you can make the dish as it's written. It's creamy, comforting, and flavorful. Oh, and good for you as well!"
"We make this dish at least twice a month! My family loves it!!"
"*I accidentally used seasoned bread crumbs instead of stuffing, and crushed some salt & pepper flavored potato chips for 1/4 cup of the topping.*This recipe was absolutely delicious! My husband got 2 or 3 helpings and he doesn't even usually like cauliflower. The chilies make all the difference I think. This is a keeper!"
"A good casserole.... I did add crushed pecans to the casserole and topping. Also, a small onion carmelized, and one red pepper and about 1 tsp garlic powder.... awesome!!"
"Love this recipe - it's a holiday favorite!"