Broccoli Cashew Salad
Shrimp gives an elegant touch to this rich and creamy past dish. It's a satisfying entree.—Kim Jorgensen, Coulee City, Washington
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- Lettuce leaves
- Place the broccoli in a saucepan with a small amount of water. Cover
- and cook for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse in cold water;
- drain and place in a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, onion and olives;
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, soy sauce, lemon juice,
- seasoned salt and pepper. Add to broccoli mixture; toss to coat.
- Stir in cashews. Serve on lettuce. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 393 calories, 38 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 934 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.