Shrimp gives an elegant touch to this rich and creamy past dish. It's a satisfying entree.—Kim Jorgensen, Coulee City, Washington
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 3 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup salted cashews
- Lettuce leaves
- Place the broccoli in a saucepan with a small amount of water. Cover and cook for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse in cold water; drain and place in a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, onion and olives; toss.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, soy sauce, lemon juice, seasoned salt and pepper. Add to broccoli mixture; toss to coat. Stir in cashews. Serve on lettuce. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Cashew Salad in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p21
Reviews for Broccoli Cashew Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review