Broccoli Carrot Salad
"When I sampled this at an eatery, I was struck by the mix of sweet and salty flavors and different textures," recounts Katie Watson of Powell, Tennessee. "I asked our server for the recipe, and she obliged...adding that she often prepares it at home herself."
2-3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup coleslaw dressing
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients. Serve at room temperature
- or chilled. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 401 calories, 28 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 708 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 7 g protein.