- 6 fresh broccoli spears
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- Coarsely ground pepper, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring 1-in. of water and broccoli to a boil. Reduce heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender; drain.
- Place one cheese slice over one ham slice and wrap around one broccoli spear. Secure with a toothpick. Repeat five times. Melt the butter in a 9-in. skillet. Arrange ham rolls in a spoke pattern.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and water; pour over ham rolls. Cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes; as eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. Cover and cook 2-3 minutes longer or until the eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with pepper if desired. Carefully remove toothpicks; cut into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Broccoli Brunch Skillet
Sort By :
This recipe is just too ridiculous. Don't waste your time.
I found this recipe on Taste of Home earlier and made it for dinner actually. We really liked it. Although it could make 6 servings, they are small and would not feed more than 4 people and only then if you serve with rolls and butter or something else. I served with a big bowl of taco chips on the table and salsa. I also used frozen broccoli which I fixed in the microwave. I did use a skillet with a handle that you can put in the oven because we do not like runny eggs here so I put this in a high oven, about 400, for about 10 minutes at the end.