- 6 fresh broccoli spears
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- Coarsely ground pepper, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring 1-in. of water and broccoli to a boil. Reduce heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender; drain.
- Place one cheese slice over one ham slice and wrap around one broccoli spear. Secure with a toothpick. Repeat five times. Melt the butter in a 9-in. skillet. Arrange ham rolls in a spoke pattern.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and water; pour over ham rolls. Cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes; as eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. Cover and cook 2-3 minutes longer or until the eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with pepper if desired. Carefully remove toothpicks; cut into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Broccoli Brunch Skillet
Sort By :
"This recipe is just too ridiculous. Don't waste your time."
"I found this recipe on Taste of Home earlier and made it for dinner actually. We really liked it. Although it could make 6 servings, they are small and would not feed more than 4 people and only then if you serve with rolls and butter or something else. I served with a big bowl of taco chips on the table and salsa. I also used frozen broccoli which I fixed in the microwave. I did use a skillet with a handle that you can put in the oven because we do not like runny eggs here so I put this in a high oven, about 400, for about 10 minutes at the end."