Whether for brunch, lunch or dinner, this recipe always draws rave reviews. —Frances Rowley, Bartlesville, Oklahoma
- 6 fresh broccoli spears
- 6 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 6 thin slices fully cooked ham
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- Coarsely ground pepper, optional
- In a small saucepan, bring 1-in. of water and broccoli to a boil. Reduce heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender; drain.
- Place one cheese slice over one ham slice and wrap around one broccoli spear. Secure with a toothpick. Repeat five times. Melt the butter in a 9-in. skillet. Arrange ham rolls in a spoke pattern.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and water; pour over ham rolls. Cook over medium-low heat for 10 minutes; as eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. Cover and cook 2-3 minutes longer or until the eggs are completely set. Sprinkle with pepper if desired. Carefully remove toothpicks; cut into wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Brunch Skillet in Country Woman July/August 1999, p35
Reviews for Broccoli Brunch Skillet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review