Broccoli Brown Rice Pilaf Recipe
This is one of my favorite low-fat dishesit's delicious! Rosemary, garlic, almonds and sunflower kernels flavor the broccoli and rice. Sometimes I add cooked cubed chicken for a complete meal. Mari Condit of Brooklyn Center, Minnesota
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2-1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Slivered Almonds
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute rice until lightly browned. Add the broth, rosemary and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40 minutes or until rice is almost tender.
- Stir in the broccoli, almonds, sunflower kernels, salt and pepper. Cover and cook 3-5 minutes longer or until rice is tender and broccoli is crisp-tender. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Brown Rice Pilaf in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p39
Reviews for Broccoli Brown Rice Pilaf(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 18, 2011
Rice was crunchy first time I made this, so added 1/2 cup extra liquid and cooked for 55 minutes. Much better! Also, made it with carrots and peas for a change. Hubby loved it both ways.
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2010
This was a very good side dish with Asian ribs that I made.
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Asian Recipes >
- Asian Side Dishes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Rice Recipes >
- Rice Side Dish Recipes >
- Rice Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >