This is one of my favorite low-fat dishes—it's delicious! Rosemary, garlic, almonds and sunflower kernels flavor the broccoli and rice. Sometimes I add cooked cubed chicken for a complete meal. —Mari Condit of Brooklyn Center, Minnesota
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 2-1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, saute rice until lightly browned. Add the broth, rosemary and garlic; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 40 minutes or until rice is almost tender.
- Stir in the broccoli, almonds, sunflower kernels, salt and pepper. Cover and cook 3-5 minutes longer or until rice is tender and broccoli is crisp-tender. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Brown Rice Pilaf in Light & Tasty June/July 2003, p39
Reviews for Broccoli Brown Rice Pilaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review