This colorful veggie side will go nicely with a variety of entrees. And with just a hint of lemon, it's certain to add a fresh touch to any menu. Thanks to our Test Kitchen for an easy but flavorful recipe.
Recommended: 75 Winning Recipes For Your Super Bowl Potluck
- 1-1/3 cups plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 2/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In a small saucepan, combine 1-1/3 cups water, rice, lemon peel, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender.
- Place broccoli and remaining water in a small microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Toss with rice. Sprinkle with blue cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Blue Cheese Rice in Light & Tasty February/March 2008, p27
Reviews for Broccoli Blue Cheese Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review