Herb stuffing and Parmesan cheese add nice flavor to the broccoli in these cute appetizers from Laurie Todd of Columbus, Mississippi. The recipe makes several dozen, so you can just take out of the freezer as many as you need.
20 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 6 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 cups crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain and place in a
- bowl. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at
- 350° for 11-12 minutes or until golden brown. Or place in a
- single layer in a freezer container and freeze for up to 1 month.
- To use frozen appetizers: Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in.
- baking pan. Bake at 350° for 16-18 minutes or until golden
- brown. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 107 calories, 7 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 282 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.