- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese and water until a soft dough forms.
- Press dough onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Stir remaining cheddar cheese into the beef mixture; spread over dough. Sprinkle with broccoli.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over meat mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli Biscuit Squares
"I prefer fresh vegetables over canned or frozen whenever available, therefore I used fresh mushrooms & broccoli. The recipe was easy to assemble & baked nicely. Instead of using the teaspoon of salt since we try to stay clear of extra salt, I used a dash of seasoned salt. The dash of seasoned salt & black pepper gave this just enough flavor."