- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, mushrooms and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix, 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese and water until a soft dough forms.
- Press dough onto the bottom and 1/2 in. up the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Stir remaining cheddar cheese into the beef mixture; spread over dough. Sprinkle with broccoli.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Pour over meat mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 25 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Biscuit Squares in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook 1999, p176
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Broccoli Biscuit Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Broccoli Casserole >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >