- melted, stirring occasionally (do not boil). Serve desired amount
- with toppings of your choice. Cool remaining soup; transfer to
- freezer containers. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- To use frozen soup: Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Transfer to a
- saucepan. Cover and cook over medium-low heat until heated through,
- stirring occasionally (do not boil). Yield: 12 servings (3 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup (calculated without optional toppings) equals 248 calories, 18 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 1,067 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 10 g protein.