Broccoli Beef Supper Recipe
Broccoli is one of my favorite vegetables, so I'm constantly on the lookout for new ways of preparing it. This casserole is a great oven entree. - Connie Bolton, San Antonio, Texas.
- 4 cups frozen cottage fries
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Line bottom and sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish with cottage fries. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Layer the beef, broccoli, half of the onions and the tomato over fries. In a small bowl, combine the soup, 1/2 cup cheese, milk, garlic powder and pepper; pour over top.
- 3. Cover and bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese and onions. Bake 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 420 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 529 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC