- 4 cups frozen cottage fries
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Line bottom and sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish with cottage fries. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Layer the beef, broccoli, half of the onions and the tomato over fries. In a small bowl, combine the soup, 1/2 cup cheese, milk, garlic powder and pepper; pour over top.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese and onions. Bake 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli Beef Supper
"Very good! I took the advice of the other reviews and cooked the fries longer. I also added salt & minced garlic to the ground beef for more flavor when I put it in the casserole. I still had to add a little more seasoning after baking. But otherwise this is a great meal-in-one type of dish! I will definitely make this again!"
"Tasty recipe and easy to make. Couldn't find cottage fries so I used waffle fries. I will probably bake them a little longer next time to try and crisp them up. They were a little soggy."
"Ohhhh why is it such great casseroles have so many carbs! j."
"This was good! I used waffle fries, baked them a little longer to be crisper, and used a whole 6oz can of the fried onions. Two cups of cheese too, and then we served it with a dollop of sour cream on top. Very tasty and simple!"
"First time making this. Incredible! Used waffle fries instead of cottage fries. Everyone loved it!"