Broccoli Beef Supper Recipe
- 4 cups frozen cottage fries
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions, divided
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Line bottom and sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish with cottage fries. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Layer the beef, broccoli, half of the onions and the tomato over fries. In a small bowl, combine the soup, 1/2 cup cheese, milk, garlic powder and pepper; pour over top.
- Cover and bake at 400° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheese and onions. Bake 2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli Beef Supper(11)
Sort By :
I'm sure the temperature to bake the fries should be 400 not 40, correct?
Did you increase your cooking time when you used russet potatoes
@ nonniemimi : I'm sure that temp is supposed to read 400 degrees, since that is how the casserole continues to bake following that step.
@ lilmistakesimake : I used my own potatoes as well, following your suggestion, and it turned out great.
I also tossed a bit of red pepper flakes, salt & pepper, and minced fresh garlic into the skillet while browning the beef. In place of the garlic powder in the soup, I added a dash of Worcestershire. Will be making this often through the winter.
For the Canadian, here is the URL for "French Fried Onions." They come, normally, in a smallish can, although it looks like they're now available frozen. Go here: http://www.frenchs.com/products/french-fried-onions/french-fried-onions
I haven't made it yet but sounds great..is that the correct temperature to cook the fries... 40 o?