Broccoli Beef Pot Pie Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 6 to 8 tablespoons cold water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cups chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon milk, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Roll out dough to fit a 9-in. pie plate. Transfer to plate; trim even with edge.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the broccoli, Swiss cheese, cream cheese, egg, 1/2 cup milk, flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Spoon into crust.
- 3. Roll out remaining dough to fit top of dish; place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges; cut slits in top. Brush pastry with remaining milk. Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 632 calories, 46 g fat (22 g saturated fat), 127 mg cholesterol, 657 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 24 g protein.
Reviews for Broccoli Beef Pot Pie
"I don't know maybe it's my. taster but it just didn't have alot of taste? Maybe more broccoli?? some cream of mushroom soup??"