- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- In a small saucepan bring 1 in. of water to a boil. Add broccoli; cover and boil for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in mushrooms, 1-1/2 cups cheddar cheese and onion. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- Combine the biscuit mix and water to form a soft dough. Add remaining cheddar cheese; stir until blended. With well-floured hands, pat dough onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Spoon meat mixture over dough; top with broccoli. Combine the eggs, milk, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper; pour over broccoli. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Beef Pie in Country Ground Beef 1993, p60
Reviews for Broccoli Beef Pie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 10, 2014
Reviewed May. 6, 2012
"The title is a bit deceiving, but technically accurate. I would just recommend calling a quiche a quiche next time. It was definitely a good recipe and a good use for ground beef."