Broccoli Beef Lo Mein Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup bean sprouts
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 6 ounces vermicelli or thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 2 to 3 cups broccoli florets, cooked
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce, optional
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add bean sprouts, mushrooms and water chestnuts. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes. Stir in the vermicelli, broccoli, soy sauce, oyster sauce if desired and ginger; toss to coat. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 270 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 37 mg cholesterol, 765 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.