- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 cup bean sprouts
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 6 ounces vermicelli or thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
- 2 to 3 cups broccoli florets, cooked
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup oyster sauce, optional
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- In a large skillet, cook beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add bean sprouts, mushrooms and water chestnuts. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes. Stir in the vermicelli, broccoli, soy sauce, oyster sauce if desired and ginger; toss to coat. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli Beef Lo Mein
"I made this last night. Not normally a fan of chinese food - prefer Thai or Indian. But this is really pretty good. I have lots left over so perfect for lunches or dinner later this week."
"This was very good and quite easy to prepare. Tired of the same old Orange Chicken and basic stir fry so I was really pleased with this recipe. I didn't find oyster sauce at the market I shop so used Hoisin sauce instead and it came out great! Wonderful flavor."
"This was soooo amazing no kidding...i literally couldn't believe how good this was, and was super easy to make! Not to mention, you don't have to spend an arm and a leg either at the grocery store or at a restaurant! This will be a new staple in my house!!"
"This was so good it tastes just like what you get in the restaurant!!!"
"was very good no leftovers"