- 1-1/2 pounds beef top round steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large onions, diced
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound fresh broccoli, cut into florets
- Cornstarch and water, optional
- Hot cooked rice
- Toss meat with garlic, ginger, curry powder, chili powder and salt. In a large skillet or wok, cook meat with onions in oil until browned. Stir in water.
- Cover and simmer 1-1/2 hours or until beef is tender. Add broccoli and more water if necessary; cover and cook until broccoli is crisp-tender. If desired, thicken with cornstarch dissolved in water. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Beef Curry in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p50
Reviews for Broccoli Beef Curry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 6, 2009
"adding 1 cup of water for 1.5 lbs of meat and its suppose to simmer for an hr and a half...just doesnt cut it, it evaporated in 10 minutes. added more water and it watered down the sauce. now it tastes like nothing..."