Broccoli Beef Braids
This filling sandwich looks fancy but is really simple to make. Each slice is packed with ground beef, broccoli and cheese. Served with a green salad, this beefy sandwich makes a terrific lunch or dinner.Penny Lapp, North Royalton, Ohio
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion
- over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the
- broccoli, cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Unroll one tube of dough on a greased baking sheet; seal the seams
- and perforations, forming a 12x8-in. rectangle. Spread half of beef
- mixture lengthwise down the center. On each side, cut 1-in.-wide
- strips 3 in. into center. Starting at one end, fold alternating
- strips at an angle across filling; seal ends. Repeat.
- Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 loaves (8 servings
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 141 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.