Broccoli Beef Braids Recipe
This filling sandwich looks fancy but is really simple to make. Each slice is packed with ground beef, broccoli and cheese. Served with a green salad, this beefy sandwich makes a terrific lunch or dinner.—Penny Lapp, North Royalton, Ohio
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in broccoli, cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper; heat through.
- 2. Unroll one tube of crescent dough onto a greased baking sheet; form into a 12x8-in. rectangle, pressing perforations to seal. Spoon half of the beef mixture lengthwise down center of rectangle.
- 3. On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips at an angle, about 3 in. into the center. Fold one strip from each side over filling and pinch ends together; repeat.
- 4. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make second braid. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 loaves (4 servings each).
Reviews for Broccoli Beef Braids
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC