- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink, breaking up beef into crumbles; drain. Stir in broccoli, cheese, sour cream, salt and pepper; heat through.
- Unroll one tube of crescent dough onto a greased baking sheet; form into a 12x8-in. rectangle, pressing perforations to seal. Spoon half of the beef mixture lengthwise down center of rectangle.
- On each long side, cut 1-in.-wide strips at an angle, about 3 in. into the center. Fold one strip from each side over filling and pinch ends together; repeat.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients to make second braid. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 loaves (4 servings each).
Reviews for Broccoli Beef Braids
Sort By :
"This is a super fast and super tasty meal! Two thumbs up for sure!! :D"
"My family loved this. I used Eeyore86's suggestion and added a can of Cream of Mushroom soup."
"My family thought it dry the first time I made it. But the second time I tried it I add a can of soup, Golden Mushroom. My family couldn't get enough of it."
"I love this easy to make receipe, especially for families on the move. I add fennel seed to this with some italian seasoning which makes it a 5 star dinner."
"This was super easy to make & looks like you spent a lot of time making it. Very flavorful and will surprise broccoli haters, lol. Also this dish allows you to do a quick clean up so you can spend more time with the family after dinner!"