Broccoli Bean Bake Recipe
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1. Place broccoli in a saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute the onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon butter. Spread into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish.
- 2. Drain broccoli; place over onion mixture. Top with beans and pimientos. Sprinkle with oregano, salt, pepper, cheese and bread crumbs. Melt remaining butter; pour over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 333 calories, 22g fat (16g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 728mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 5g fiber), 18g protein.
Reviews for Broccoli Bean Bake
"Ive made a lot of vegetable casseroles and this is one of the best. I substituted tomatoes for the Pimentos and used Panko bread crumbs. Also just 1/2 the cheese to make it a little less caloric. Delicious! WIll use this recipe for different veggies i.e. Cauliflower, carrots, etc..."
"I made this dish for Memorial Day 3 years ago. I now am asked to bring it every year and I need to double the recipe and there is no leftovers. Thanks for a great dish."
"Instead of pimentos I used the petite diced tomatoes & used french fried onions over the cheese instead of the bread crumbs that I didn't have. This dish is absolutely delicious. my husband & I both loved it!"
"All six of my family members enjoyed broccoli this way. was very easy to prepare."
"I substituted 8oz diced tomatoes for the pimientos and the result was fantastic."