"This may sound like an unusual combination, but it's really delicious," promises Valerie McInroy of Waterloo, Iowa. "It's a tasty way to get my husband and son to eat broccoli."
- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- Place broccoli in a saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute the onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon butter. Spread into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Drain broccoli; place over onion mixture. Top with beans and pimientos. Sprinkle with oregano, salt, pepper, cheese and bread crumbs. Melt remaining butter; pour over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Bean Bake in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p10
Reviews for Broccoli Bean Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review