- 6 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 jar (4 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- Place broccoli in a saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute the onion and garlic in 1 tablespoon butter. Spread into a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish.
- Drain broccoli; place over onion mixture. Top with beans and pimientos. Sprinkle with oregano, salt, pepper, cheese and bread crumbs. Melt remaining butter; pour over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli Bean Bake
Sort By :
I made this dish for Memorial Day 3 years ago. I now am asked to bring it every year and I need to double the recipe and there is no leftovers. Thanks for a great dish.
This easy to prepare recipe will be among those we eat often. I also used diced tomatoes, the Italian flavored ones. Also, instead of plain bread crumbs, I used the Italian-style, and it added a little more flavor to the dish.
Instead of pimentos I used the petite diced tomatoes & used french fried onions over the cheese instead of the bread crumbs that I didn't have. This dish is absolutely delicious. my husband & I both loved it!
All six of my family members enjoyed broccoli this way. was very easy to prepare.
I substituted 8oz diced tomatoes for the pimientos and the result was fantastic.