Broccoli Bake Recipe
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen cut broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- 1. Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain and set aside. In a skillet or saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in soup, mustard and salt; heat until bubbly.
- 2. In a 1-1/2-qt. casserole, arrange half of the broccoli; top with half of the chopped eggs, half of the cheese and half of the mushroom sauce.
- 3. Repeat layers. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle onions on top and bake 5 minutes more. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 315 calories, 23g fat (11g saturated fat), 178mg cholesterol, 909mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Broccoli Bake
"This was way toooooo salty. There's got to be a better way to eat broccoli."
"My husband liked this, but I thought it was a little dry. Next time I will add a little milk to the soup mixture to thin it out so it is a little creamier."