This tasty side dish is always a big hit when my son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter come for dinner or when I'm hosting a shower or party. At Easter, it's a great way to use up hard-cooked eggs! —Carolyn Griffin
6 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen cut broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- In a skillet or saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir
- in soup, mustard and salt; heat until bubbly. In a 1-1/2-qt.
- casserole, arrange half of broccoli; top with half of the eggs, half
- of the cheese and half of the mushroom sauce. Repeat layers. Bake at
- 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle onions on top and bake 5 minutes
- more. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 315 calories, 23 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 178 mg cholesterol, 909 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 12 g protein.