This tasty side dish is always a big hit when my son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter come for dinner or when I'm hosting a shower or party. At Easter, it's a great way to use up hard-cooked eggs! —Carolyn Griffin Macon, Georgia
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen cut broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain and set aside. In a skillet or saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in soup, mustard and salt; heat until bubbly. In a 1-1/2-qt. casserole, arrange half of broccoli; top with half of the eggs, half of the cheese and half of the mushroom sauce. Repeat layers. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle onions on top and bake 5 minutes more. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Bake in Taste of Home April/May 1993, p25
Reviews for Broccoli Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 25, 2010
"This was way toooooo salty. There's got to be a better way to eat broccoli."
Reviewed Jan. 19, 2010
"My husband liked this, but I thought it was a little dry. Next time I will add a little milk to the soup mixture to thin it out so it is a little creamier."