This tasty side dish is always a big hit when my son, daughter-in-law and granddaughter come for dinner or when I'm hosting a shower or party. At Easter, it's a great way to use up hard-cooked eggs! —Carolyn Griffin Macon, Georgia
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen cut broccoli
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can (2.8 ounces) french-fried onions
- Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain and set aside. In a skillet or saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in soup, mustard and salt; heat until bubbly. In a 1-1/2-qt. casserole, arrange half of broccoli; top with half of the eggs, half of the cheese and half of the mushroom sauce. Repeat layers. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle onions on top and bake 5 minutes more. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Bake in Taste of Home April/May 1993, p25
Reviews for Broccoli Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review