Broccoli Bacon Salad
Try this salad with baked ham or pork roast. I like serving it at Sunday dinners. My family just loves itespecially our 6-year-old grandson!and our friends rave about its taste, too.
I learned to cook from my grandmother (she was an expert!). New recipes are still fun to me 40 years later.
My husband and I have four grown children...he's looking to retire soon.
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 large bunch broccoli, separated into florets
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 10 to 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- In a large serving bowl, combine the broccoli, onion, raisins and
- bacon; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Just before serving, pour
- dressing over broccoli mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 223 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 199 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.