Broccoli Bacon Salad Recipe
- 1 large bunch broccoli, separated into florets
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 10 to 12 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1. In a large serving bowl, combine the broccoli, onion, raisins and bacon; set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Just before serving, pour dressing over broccoli mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 cup: 223 calories, 12g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 199mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Broccoli Bacon Salad
"This recipe is so simple to prepare and everyone loves it. You can use the dressing with a number of vegetables!!"
"Very tasty, just the right amount of sweetness in the dressing!"
"Unexpectedly amazing. Seriously."
"My mother gave me this recipe and I have used it for years. We also add different items at different occasions: cheese, pineapple, cranberries, etc. Love it as a side dish or by itself! I substitute Truvia for sugar and light mayo to lighten."
"I make this using less vinegar (just a tablespoon), sweet onion, craisins, olive oil mayonnaise, and a big handful or two of sunflower seeds for additional crunch. The flavor is absolutely addicting. I'm one who doesn't care for broccoli, but despite the calories and fat in this recipe, at least I'm getting some good for me veggies! :)"
"This is just like the recipe I learned from Mom. Sometimes I double the dressing and add cauliflower and shredded cheddar. Adding a little dill weed to the dressing also changes it up a bit. If the red onion is too strong, just dice it more finely or leave it out."