Try this salad with baked ham or pork roast. I like serving it at Sunday dinners. My family just loves it—especially our 6-year-old grandson!—and our friends rave about its taste, too. I learned to cook from my grandmother (she was an expert!). New recipes are still fun to me 40 years later. My husband and I have four grown children...he's looking to retire soon.
- 1 large bunch broccoli, separated into florets
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 10 to 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- In a large serving bowl, combine the broccoli, onion, raisins and bacon; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Just before serving, pour dressing over broccoli mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Bacon Salad in Country Woman May/June 1993, p31
Reviews for Broccoli Bacon Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review