Broccoli Bacon Salad Recipe
- 1 large bunch broccoli, separated into florets
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 10 to 12 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- In a large serving bowl, combine the broccoli, onion, raisins and bacon; set aside.
- In a bowl, combine dressing ingredients. Just before serving, pour dressing over broccoli mixture; toss to coat. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli Bacon Salad
Sort By :
My mother gave me this recipe and I have used it for years. We also add different items at different occasions: cheese, pineapple, cranberries, etc. Love it as a side dish or by itself! I substitute Truvia for sugar and light mayo to lighten.
I make this using less vinegar (just a tablespoon), sweet onion, craisins, olive oil mayonnaise, and a big handful or two of sunflower seeds for additional crunch. The flavor is absolutely addicting. I'm one who doesn't care for broccoli, but despite the calories and fat in this recipe, at least I'm getting some good for me veggies! :)
This is just like the recipe I learned from Mom. Sometimes I double the dressing and add cauliflower and shredded cheddar. Adding a little dill weed to the dressing also changes it up a bit. If the red onion is too strong, just dice it more finely or leave it out.