Broccoli Bacon Quiche Cups Recipe
Chock-full of veggies and melted cheese, this comforting and colorful egg bake has become a holiday brunch classic at Irene Steinmeyer’s home in Denver, Colorado. TIP: For a tasty variation, try substituting asparagus for broccoli and Swiss for cheddar cheese.—Irene Steinmeyer, Denver, Colorado
- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon seasoned salt, optional
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped tomato
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels; drain, reserving 1 teaspoon drippings. In the drippings, cook broccoli and onion over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the eggs, parsley, seasoned salt if desired and pepper. Stir in bacon and broccoli mixture; add cheese and tomato.
- 3. Pour into two 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray. Bake at 400° for 22-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Yield: 2 servings.
1 quiche equals 170 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 576 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC