Broccoli Apple Salad
MY HUSBAND and I agree - this salad is one of our favorites. The yogurt gives it a unique flavor, and the nuts add extra crunch.
I don't remember where I discovered this recipe, but it's nutritious, tasty and adds color to any meal.
-Vera Schmidt, Celina, Ohio
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 large red apple, chopped
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, optional
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients. Cover and refrigerate
- until serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One 1-1/4 cup serving (prepared with fat-free yogurt and without walnuts) equals 187 calories, 1 g fat (0 saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 56 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 0 fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 fruit.