Broccoli-Apple Salad with Bacon Recipe
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cauliflowerets
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 medium red apple, chopped
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 pound sliced maple-flavored bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and cranberries. Toss apples with 1 tablespoon lemon juice; add to vegetable mixture and toss.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, syrup and remaining lemon juice. Stir into broccoli mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 3. Just before serving, stir in bacon and sunflower kernels. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup: 256 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 325mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein .
Reviews for Broccoli-Apple Salad with Bacon
"I made this for a ladies lunch at church and it was a hit; I came home with an empty salad bowl. I made a few changes based on what I had in my kitchen: raisins instead of cranberries, extra broccoli instead of cauliflower, and honey instead of maple syrup. Also, I only did a little bit of bacon; I think a whole lb. would be overpowering (depending on tastes)."
"This was easy to make and a hit with the whole family. I will definitely make it again, and I didn't even make any adjustments to the recipe which is unusual for me."