Broccoli-Apple Salad with Bacon Recipe
Crunchy and colorful, this salad is hard to resist with bacon, apples and cranberries. You'll appreciate its make-ahead convenience.—Jennifer Thornley, Butler, Pennsylvania
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cauliflowerets
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 medium red apple, chopped
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 pound sliced maple-flavored bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and cranberries. Toss apples with 1 tablespoon lemon juice; add to vegetable mixture and toss.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, syrup and remaining lemon juice. Stir into broccoli mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 3. Just before serving, stir in bacon and sunflower kernels. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup equals 256 calories, 19 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 325 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC