Crunchy and colorful, this salad is hard to resist with bacon, apples and cranberries. You'll appreciate its make-ahead convenience.—Jennifer Thornley, Butler, Pennsylvania
- 2 cups coarsely chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cauliflowerets
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1 medium red apple, chopped
- 1 medium Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 pound sliced maple-flavored bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup sunflower kernels
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and cranberries. Toss apples with 1 tablespoon lemon juice; add to vegetable mixture and toss.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, syrup and remaining lemon juice. Stir into broccoli mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, stir in bacon and sunflower kernels. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli-Apple Salad with Bacon in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p46
Reviews for Broccoli-Apple Salad with Bacon
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review