Broccoli and Turkey Stir-Fry Recipe
"Ginger gives this speedy stir-fry a special taste," comments Jackie Hannahs of Fountain, Michigan. "It's easy to prepare and even quicker when I use left-over turkey."
- 1 pound boneless skinless turkey breast, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 5 cups hot cooked rice
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry turkey in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. Stir-fry the red pepper, broccoli, onion, garlic and ginger in remaining oil for 3-4 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender.
- In a small bowl, combine cornstarch, broth and soy sauce until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add turkey, water chestnuts and seasoning blend; heat through. Serve over rice. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Turkey Stir-Fry in Quick Cooking November/December 2001, p15
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Broccoli and Turkey Stir-Fry(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review