Broccoli and Tomato Salad Recipe
Garden-fresh tomatoes and broccoli brighten this salad with distinctive flavor and eye-catching color.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling YIELD:8 servings
- 1 large bunch broccoli, separated into florets
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1. Cook broccoli in a small amount of water for 5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Rinse with cold water and drain. Place in a large bowl; add tomatoes, mushrooms and onions. Combine dressing ingredients in a jar with tight-fitting lid; shake well. Pour over salad; toss gently. Cover and chill for 1 hour. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1/8 recipe equals 155 calories, 14 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 22 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fat, 1-1/2 vegetable.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC