Broccoli and Swiss Bake Recipe
Instead of pairing broccoli with cheddar cheese, I decided to use Swiss. This creamy side dish is especially comforting on cool evenings.Philip Stent, Leggett, Texas
- 8 cups broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 4 cups (16 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, beaten
- In a saucepan, cook broccoli until crisp-tender; drain and set aside. In another saucepan, melt butter; add flour. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Stir in onion. Gradually add milk; bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese, eggs and broccoli. Pour into a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30 minutes. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli and Swiss Bake in Taste of Home June/July 1994, p47
Reviews for Broccoli and Swiss Bake(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review