Broccoli and Rice
A short list of ingredients helps keep the cost down for this quick-to-cook side dish from Betty Janway of Ruston, Louisiana. Each serving costs just 47 cents.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1-1/2 cups cubed process American cheese (Velveeta)
- Cook broccoli according to package directions; drain. Stir in rice
- and celery salt. Stir in cheese until melted. Serve immediately.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Editor's Note: The cost per serving does not include optional ingredients such as garnishes. When there is a choice of two ingredients, the cost is figured with the first one listed.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 209 calories, 11 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 707 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.