Broccoli and Potato Soup Recipe
For a very comforting soup with a nice, creamy texture, try this one with nutritious broccoli and chunks of potato. The red pepper flakes add a hint of spice, and the fresh herbs make this a truly delicious soup.—Crystal Kelso, Sandy, Oregon
- 1 pound small red potatoes, cubed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large carrot, coarsely chopped
- 7 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) condensed cream of broccoli soup, undiluted
- 1 teaspoon each minced fresh thyme, basil and parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Havarti cheese
- 1. Place the potatoes, onion, carrot and garlic in a 4- or 5-qt. slow cooker. Add the water, soup and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through.
- 2. Stir in broccoli and cheese. Cover and cook for 30 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Yield: 8 cups (2 quarts).
1 cup equals 158 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 563 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Broccoli and Potato Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC