Broccoli and Crab Bisque Recipe
- 1 cup sliced leeks (white part only)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 package (6 ounces) frozen crabmeat, thawed, drained and flaked
- In a large saucepan, cook the leeks, mushrooms, broccoli and garlic in butter until broccoli is crisp-tender. Stir in flour and seasonings until blended. Gradually add broth and cream.
- Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add cheese; stir until melted. Add crab; heat through but do not boil. Discard bay leaf before serving. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli and Crab Bisque(10)
Sort By :
To decrease the amount of sodium I used low sodium chicken brooth. This was excelent and I plan on making it again this week.
I used the whole container of crab, added a tablespoon of salt, and a little extra cheese! Delicious!
It was bland. Should have added more of something to it. My husband didn't like it.
Delicious! The only thing I did different was I used a couple of red skinned potatoes instead of the leeks, canned evaporated milk instead of half and half and I doubled the recipe!!!! It turned out wonderful. Thanks for sharing! I think it would be really good with assorted seafood in it, like scallops, shrimp, cod and crab! You can never have to much seafood!! YUM!!!
I fully expected, and really wanted, to love this recipe. As written, we found it rather bland and "one note." The crab flavor definitely got lost in the shuffle. After investing time, effort and some $$ in making this as written, I wasn't williing to give up on it without a fight. :-) I did a lot of tweaking and it tasted a lot better. I do appreciate the contribution, though ... I found the recipe to be very forgiving of additions and tweaking. Thank you!