Broccoli and Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
- 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1. Cut squash in half lengthwise; discard seeds. Place squash cut side down in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 12-15 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the broth, soy sauce, sugar, cornstarch, vinegar and pepper flakes until smooth; set aside.
- 3. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and soy sauce. Place cornstarch in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg mixture, then coat with cornstarch. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil in batches until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- 4. Stir-fry broccoli and onion for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir sauce mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken; heat through.
- 5. When squash is cool enough to handle, use a fork to separate strands. Serve with stir-fry. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup chicken mixture with 1 cup squash equals 519 calories, 22 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 117 mg cholesterol, 1,305 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer