Broccoli and Cheese Tortellini Salad Recipe
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook broccoli in 6 cups boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and immediately rinse in cold water. In the same pan, cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, tortellini, onion and raisins. Combine the mayonnaise, sugar substitute and vinegar; pour over salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in bacon and sunflower kernels. Yield: 12 servings.
2/3 cup: 217 calories, 10g fat (3g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 287mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 2g fiber), 8g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat
Reviews for Broccoli and Cheese Tortellini Salad
"A delicious recipe....my family really liked it. It's a nice change from basic macaroni salad."
"I have made this recipe many times since finding it in the 2005 magazine, and it has become a household favorite!"