Broccoli and Cheese Tortellini Salad Recipe
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook broccoli in 6 cups boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and immediately rinse in cold water. In the same pan, cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, tortellini, onion and raisins. Combine the mayonnaise, sugar substitute and vinegar; pour over salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in bacon and sunflower kernels. Yield: 12 servings.
2/3 cup equals 217 calories, 10 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 287 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 8 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 lean meat, 1 fat.