"After tasting this wonderful side dish at a potluck, I had to have more, so I experimented with lightening it up," Tiffany Anderson-Taylor explains from Gulfport, Florida. "It ended up tasting as good as the original."
Recommended: 44 Ways to Get More Leafy Greens in Your Life
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- In a large saucepan, cook broccoli in 6 cups boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and immediately rinse in cold water. In the same pan, cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, tortellini, onion and raisins. Combine the mayonnaise, sugar substitute and vinegar; pour over salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in bacon and sunflower kernels. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Tortellini Salad in Light & Tasty February/March 2005, p47
Reviews for Broccoli and Cheese Tortellini Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 25, 2011
"A delicious recipe....my family really liked it. It's a nice change from basic macaroni salad."
Reviewed Jun. 20, 2008
"I have made this recipe many times since finding it in the 2005 magazine, and it has become a household favorite!"