"After tasting this wonderful side dish at a potluck, I had to have more, so I experimented with lightening it up," Tiffany Anderson-Taylor explains from Gulfport, Florida. "It ended up tasting as good as the original."
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 packages (9 ounces each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 5 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup unsalted sunflower kernels
- In a large saucepan, cook broccoli in 6 cups boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and immediately rinse in cold water. In the same pan, cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and rinse in cold water.
- In a large bowl, combine the broccoli, tortellini, onion and raisins. Combine the mayonnaise, sugar substitute and vinegar; pour over salad and toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, stir in bacon and sunflower kernels. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Tortellini Salad in Light & Tasty February/March 2005, p47
Reviews for Broccoli and Cheese Tortellini Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review