Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad Recipe
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2/3 cup slivered toasted almonds
- 1. In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar, Parmesan cheese, vinegar, onion and raisins; refrigerate several hours or overnight. Just before serving, combine broccoli, cauliflower, water chestnuts, bacon and almonds in a large bowl. Pour dressing over and toss to coat. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 cup: 548 calories, 44g fat (7g saturated fat), 34mg cholesterol, 1043mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 4g fiber), 14g protein
Reviews for Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
"This is one of my favourite salads. Next time I think I to will also substitute cranberries for the raisons."
"I substituted sunflower seeds for the water chestnuts and used turkey bacon. I skipped the almonds. Our fellowship loved it."
"Tasty and easy to make salad. Made the dressing the night before and added dried cranberries instead of raisins."