Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
My family loves the "crunch" of this salad...and each crisp ingredient adds to that delight! The secret of this recipe is to make the dressing a day ahead to allow the flavors to blend.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2/3 cup slivered toasted almonds
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar, Parmesan cheese, vinegar,
- onion and raisins; refrigerate several hours or overnight. Just
- before serving, combine broccoli, cauliflower, water chestnuts,
- bacon and almonds in a large bowl. Pour dressing over and toss to
- coat. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 548 calories, 44 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 1,043 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 14 g protein.