My family loves the "crunch" of this salad...and each crisp ingredient adds to that delight! The secret of this recipe is to make the dressing a day ahead to allow the flavors to blend.
Recommended: 20 Ways to Cook with Cauliflower
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2/3 cup slivered toasted almonds
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, sugar, Parmesan cheese, vinegar, onion and raisins; refrigerate several hours or overnight. Just before serving, combine broccoli, cauliflower, water chestnuts, bacon and almonds in a large bowl. Pour dressing over and toss to coat. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p50
Reviews for Broccoli and Cauliflower Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 8, 2012
"This is one of my favourite salads. Next time I think I to will also substitute cranberries for the raisons."
Reviewed Jul. 1, 2010
"I substituted sunflower seeds for the water chestnuts and used turkey bacon. I skipped the almonds. Our fellowship loved it."