Broccoli and Cauliflower Rice Medley Recipe
- 3 cups water
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules or 1-1/2 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 2 cups chopped fresh cauliflower
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the water, soy sauce and bouillon to a boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 45-50 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. In a large nonstick skillet, saute the green peppers, cauliflower, broccoli, onion and garlic in oil until crisp-tender. Stir vegetables and thyme into rice mixture. Yield: 7 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 199 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 457 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 vegetable.