“My family loves this tasty, satisfying soup made from a recipe that I developed myself,“ says field editor Esther Shank of Harrisonburg, Virginia.
- 4 cups fresh small broccoli florets
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 4 cups fat-free milk, divided
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cubed reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta)
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add 3 cups milk, bouillon, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining milk until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese just until melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Chowder in Taste of Home February/March 2006, p15
Reviews for Broccoli and Carrot Chowder
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review