- 4 cups fresh small broccoli florets
- 2 medium potatoes, diced
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 4 cups fat-free milk, divided
- 2 teaspoons reduced-sodium chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cubed reduced-fat process cheese (Velveeta)
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add 3 cups milk, bouillon, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and remaining milk until smooth; gradually stir into soup. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese just until melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Broccoli and Carrot Chowder
Sort By :
Fabulous. I have paid money for broccoli chowders at restaurants that didn't taste this good. I don't use much chicken bouillon so I might substiture some chicken broth if I don't have bouillon.
I just made this tonight. It's very good. But I added lots of pepper, some red pepper flakes, garlic, and onion powder. It just needed spices. But, it's very very good.
This was excellent chowder! Easy to make, hearty and satisfying, and packed with vegetables! I loved it! Big serving sizes, too. It made a lot! I think it would also be excellent with some corn in it, and if you wanted meat, some chicken breast would go very well in it. Yummy!
it was good...it got kind of bland after a while though..needs something else to season it with to make it better
My kids and husband cannot get enough of this wonderful soup. Make it again? that was 12 times of making it ago.....
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Broccoli Soup >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Carrot Soup >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chowder Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Soup Recipes >